The first ever Contemporary Dance Festival in Chipping Campden will be held on 14th – 20th July.
The aim of the festival to is bring high quality contemporary dance experiences to Chipping Campden and the surrounding area.
The festival’s theme is Dance Through Life and highlights contemporary dance’s links with other creative art forms as well as dance at all ages. The festival’s particular focus is upon Martha Graham. The festival’s programme caters for a wide range of interests and is not just for people who personally like to dance.
Programme Highlights include:
· Daily Contemporary Dance Classes by Dance Artist in Residence William Crowley (USA)
· Contemporary Dance Workshop for 10-16 year olds with Rosie Dixon.
· Dance History Lecture/Demonstration – The Legacy of Martha Graham, William Crowley (USA)
· Motionhouse Dance Theatre – Major UK touring company performance
· Kevin Finnan talks about his experiences of choreographing the opening ceremony of the paralympics
· Art in Dance Lecture by Celia Lendis from Celia Lendis Contemporary art gallery, Moreton in Marsh
· Visual Artist in Residence, John Lendis
· Drawing Dance and Movement workshops with Penny Vigers
· New choreography by Rosann Torley and Licette Gus
· Collaboration with fashion label Paper London
· Film screening, of Wim Wenders’, Pina
· Poetry performance by festival poet, Dominic Doran
· Final Festival Performance
Telephone: 01386 700244
Source: Chipping Campden Contemporary Dance Festival