The historic Cart Wash in Chipping Campden could be restored
The Cart Wash, which dates back to 1832, was built after the vicar objected to carts being washed in the Scuttle Brook,which also provided drinking water to the inhabitants of Chipping Campden.
It is situated opposite the Almshouses and next to the Court Barn Museum and is seen by most people who visit the St. James’ Church.
The Wash is a stone built regular oval(ellipse) in the ground with stone walls on either side with a drain in the middle.
It is hoped that a grant can be obtained to restore the Cart Wash and an initial survey has estimated the cost to be £5000.